Most moms I know, including my lovely wife, lead extremely busy lives. And many also have full time jobs on top of that. Finding time to exercise and eat right can be a real challenge. Here are 7 tips to help all of the amazing moms out there reach those fat loss goals… Continue reading “7 Fat Loss Tips for Busy Moms (You’re going to LOVE #2)”
Sometimes we make things way too complicated when it comes to our health. Here are 11 Really Simple Things you can do TODAY to improve your health…
- STOP drinking soft drinks! This includes diet soft drinks too. Just STOP. You know it’s bad for you. If not, Google it.
- Eat more vegetables. Nothing new here, but choose wisely. Pick a green veggie like broccoli, spinach, or kale. Eat as much as you want.
- Add good fats to your diet with Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO). Sprinkle it on your veggies.
- Drink more water. Since you have given up soft drinks, this is the logical replacement. I like lime in mine.
- Eat more protein. Red meat is NOT bad for you like we were told several decades ago. Add some to your diet. Add some fish too.
- Stop sitting so much. If you sit at a desk for your job, set an alarm to walk around every 30-60 minutes. Park farther away from Walmart.
- Go to bed at the same time every night, and get up at the same time every morning. 7 days a week. Consistency is the key to pretty much everything.
- Pick a type of exercise you enjoy. If you don’t you’ll never stick to it.
- Exercise with a friend if possible. Accountability helps with that whole consistency thing. If we know someone else is counting on us, it’s harder to blow it off.
- Eat breakfast. But beware of the sugar-filled cereals/yogurts/donuts/juices/etc. Eggs are one of the best sources of protein money can buy, and they are also NOT bad for you as we were once told. Google it.
- Stop looking at food as just something you put in your gut. It is fuel for your body, and your body is an amazing machine. Treat it as such and you will reap the benefits.